Green House at Last

While the little test bathtub has ticked away  with Fish loss and all the rest of small problems were worked out, I have very slowly been working on the foundations of the greenhouse.

OK so that bit (with day to day life ) has taken nigh on 2 years,

Until 2 weeks ago, a Mate turned up on a Sunday took a look at my block work and said when do I get to the windows?

My reply was at the currant rate 2016.

Say no More.

On the following Thursday at 7.30am (my normal day starts about 10am when I crawl out of bed to get the days Meds)

As with all things weird I had been woken at 4am with arms full of Broken Glass so watching a movie on YouTube in comes the Mate with all his Builder Gear and a helper and 5hrs later I was welding up the roof frame and after a cuppa he left with me to just put on a roof so Friday I got some Tophat lengths and after a while and a trip to th’ Hardware shop where I got myself a battery Driver I managed to also get up 2 x  1/2 sheets of clear roofing.

Then last Saturday I spent the whole day putting on the roof.

I had better explain something here,

I collect stuff some I buy and some just shows up by chance.

Now this greenhouse, the windows came from someone replacing all his windows the rest of the build is part of a huge amount of stuff that cost me $400 when Bunnings shifted from where they were into there new Building.

So the Blocks the steel frames, 8 x 2 Sleepers and some of the tin was just a small section of what was and is there.

OK so by now you are board so here are the photos.

looking straight at it the right side is west and the length is the only point that keeps full sun in mid winter.

In some of the photos at the western end there are 3 long grey troughs these will be mounted under the windows and other tubs will be against the center wall.

Below East on the left West on the right.

windows headon closeup windows

roof frame electric bolts roof frame shed full space Divide Wall tophats West face East West to East closeup Today sunday14th Sept Last Photo is Today

Sunday 14th September 2014, with new hole into main shed.

Wednesday 15th Oct 14

OK catchup

yesterday I finished a weeks work of digging the foundations laying the Besser Blocks and core filling all of them with concrete and steel beams …yes we have the walls and outline of the Fish Tank.IMG_0977IMG_0979

so now I sit back and wait for the whole thing to go off.

Joined   http://aquaponics.net.au

and there is my forum post at

http://aquaponics.net.au/forum/threads/north-sunshine-coast-qld-cooroibah-to-be-exact.7166/#post-76479