That was the 18th Oct 2014 and it hang on the wall of the shed untill 8.45am this morning when I took it down to have a good look and think, and as the sun went down this arvo I took these…
Ok so way back I started a thread here about doing 2 cars that by the end of a few days became 1 Car (( A Red 1 )) well that car now joins a Bentley Body hanging on the wall from back in 2003.
The Bentley like the Red 1 just met a brick wall as what I wanted from them, they would never had made the grade.
So this is a new Detailed Car as someone has waited long enough, sorry Mate I don’t have a name for Her yet or if even a colour.
I took the 5lt 4 pot ( built at the start of “A Tail of 2 Cars” ) laid it on the desk and designed a full chassis to go around it
I had 7 photos of how the chassis was made but iTunes sorted out how to get rid of them, So it was a section of 1/2 inch square that was forged into the shape I wanted then cut right down the middle so that both rails are the same.
The rear springs are my own design and still need to be wire wrapped so they stay together at speed.
So that was my last few days ! what did you get up to.
See Ya Tony
OK Sunday 8th I have made a video that shows what the still photos never show 3D…real.
Monday the 9th Feb 15….
so this took me 5 hours today..Every car that is not air cooled needs a radiator So looking at the beast I took a few distance points and starting with a sheet of copper,
to hold it in as I have to join Alloy,Copper and Steel I ran a wire through the grill grabbing the center bar, a twist or to keep it snug then bent to go through the cooler and grab the 2 center down tube’s.
Funny thing this stuff I started about 2pm it was daylight and then it was dark and I needed a torch to take the last few photos at 7pm, yes I know that is 6hr’s but I did sit and think a fair bit but it was all fun and time stops.
So it’s the 11th today and I missed yesterdays post…ok…here..
So at present the chassis is 22 inches long and it is an old final drive Chain.that was it.
Sorry no photo of a bit of tin with lines all over it just after it was cut in about what looked like where it should have been…That is I wanted the cab floor,firewall,leg well and a nice comfy seat all with a hole for the gearbox tunnel .
So I am a day late, blame all the concrete.
So it took to Friday to get my act together and get back into the start on the bodies made on Tuesday.
In the good old days I used real car panels but a Merc nigh on killed me when the panel went up in smoke and the stuff used in sound deading was very toxic, so now I use nice safe new steel.
Pictures new steel and an old pattern of the cockpit from there it gets to be what is in my head at that moment, this body ,I decided to make like an old rivet job and i had some sections cut from old computers so a few more cut outs and then …BIG MISTAKE….
I have not counted how many rivets I did yesterday and there are just as many to go before the paint job.
Thus the 2 cars now 1 cause I would go mad if I did 2 the same (but Different) right now.
so cut rivet and then fold over a chunk of old oar then weld and grind the seam behind the driver and put on the body lower frame.next was the dash and then I started the copper tube that will be the leather tuck/roll on the metalwork around the cockpit.
So there you have it 1 week gone.
And that Motor well it was going to be WAY to big to be usefull , so I will work out some thing else for it …Even a Tractor …1 day. Tony
Another week of which 3 days I concreted while the paint went off.
The box of bits that were to be the motor ended up way out of scale so that was shelved along with a motor for a Morgan.
A bit was done this week Bodywork, Copper/Leather cockpit edge, Clean, Prime, Paint, Grill, Copper Surround,Rad Cap, Exhaust for Straight 8…8 into 4 x 2 then…
and a start on the Front wheel stuff, Some pictures are needed at this point.
“It’s made in Australia.”
Well that was fun, love the shape of the pipes.
See You Next post.